Carnitas, a type of slow cooked pork, are a household staple in the Mexican kitchen with its unique and authentic texture and flavor rooted in the traditional cooking methods from Michoacan. Richly seasoned, slow braised and deep-fried, Carnitas make a flavorful and filling main course, but they are also used as ingredients in many other authentic Mexican dishes like tamales, tacos, tortas and burritos. Carnitas are traditionally served accompanied by cilantro, salsa and refried beans.
- 15oz Del Real Foods®
- 2 Cups Del Real Foods®
- 1 lb. bag Fried Tortilla Chips
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Queso Fresco
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
1. Heat 15 oz Del Real Foods® Carnitas according to package stovetop instructions and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add Del Real Foods® Fire Roasted Green Salsa and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tortilla chips to simmering salsa and stir to coat evenly.
4. While the chilaquiles are simmering, fry eggs in a seperate pan.
5. Add green chilaquiles to a plate and top with a fried egg, carnitas, sour cream, queso fresco, and garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!