Tamale Breakfast Waffle
Soft masa, perfectly seasoned pork, and rich red sauce are all made by hand using recipes passed down through generations, then assembled and wrapped in a sustainable wrap before being steamed. While making tamales can be a long process, all you have to do to enjoy is heat and eat.
- 12 Del Real Foods®
- 4 Cups Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- 8 Eggs
- 2 Small Avocados
- 4 TBSP Chopped Chives
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
1. Begin by removing Del Real Foods® Pork in Red Sauce Tamales from packaging and sustainable wrap. Cut each tamale in half.
2. Heat a small-medium sized waffle iron. Add 1/4 cup shredded cheese to the bottom of the waffle iron.
3. Then add 3 tamale halves to the waffle iron center in a single layer and top with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
4. Close lid tighly. Let cheese melt and tamale heat through for 6-8 minutes to create a cheese crust.
5. While tamale waffle is cooking, add the oil to a medium size pan on medium heat.
6. Add the eggs to the heated pan and cook to desired preference. For sunny side up eggs, remove once the egg whites are set or about 5 minutes on low heat.
7. Continue the waffle making process until all 8 waffles are done.
8. Once ready, serve by adding a tamale waffle to a plate and top with an egg, avocado slices, chopped chives, and salt and pepper to taste
*Heating instructions vary on waffle iron size, please ensure tamale internal temperatrure.