Sonora Pasta Tinga
Our traditional Chipotle Chicken Tinga family recipe is made with light and dark shredded chicken meat, simmered in a rich and zesty tomato and chipotle sauce until infused with a delicious smoky and spicy flavor. This heat-and-serve dish meat makes preparing a family meal both easy and convenient.
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup Dry White Whine
- 1/3 cup Half & Half
- 1⁄4 cup Roasted Red Peppers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper
- 2 lb. Bow Tie Pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1oz. Chopped Fresh Basil
- 2oz. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
In a large deep skillet, sauté garlic in hot oil. Add Del Real Foods® Chipotle Chicken Tinga (with juices) and wine; blend well. Cook over medium heat until simmering; stirring often. Slowly whisk in half & half and stir until sauce returns to simmer. Gently add in roasted peppers, salt and crushed red pepper. Remove from heat and add hot cooked pasta to sauce; mix to coat pasta. Garnish with basil and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.