TACO DE CHILE RELLENO CON BARBACOA
Barbacoa, a family tradition. Made with 100% Choice Beef, this Mexican-style beef pot roast is simmered in a hearty tomato and chili sauce giving it that traditional Mexican flavor the whole family can enjoy. Goes perfect with our Arroz and Frijoles Refritos, or add it to burritos, tacos, enchiladas and salads. Top it with onions and cilantro when you’re looking for a more traditional taste.
- 1 package
- 4 Poblano Peppers
- 1 package of Oaxaca Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese
- Pickled Red Onion
- 1 Container Crema Mexicana
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- Prepare Del Real Foods® Barbacoa according to package instructions.
- Roast poblano peppers on an open flame or on a skillet.
- If roasting poblano pepper on an open flame, set flame to high and allow the skin to blacken and bubble, about 2-3 minutes. Make sure to flip poblano pepper every minute until every side is blackened. Do not allow to catch fire or turn to white ash.
- If roasting poblano pepper on a skillet, add peppers to a dry saucepan. Heat pan over medium high heat. Turn peppers every 5 minutes until every side is blackened.
- Once poblano pepper is roasted, leave in a sealed plastic bag for 10-15 minutes so the pepper can steam and make the skin easier to peel off.
- Once the skin is peeled off your poblano pepper, stuff with delicious Del Real Foods® Barbacoa and Oaxaca Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese.
- On a separate skillet heat corn tortillas to desired texture.
- Built taco with two corn tortillas, stuffed pepper, topped with pickled red onion and crema mexicana.