SWEET & SPICY CARNITAS SLIDERS
Carnitas, a type of fried pork, are a household staple in the Mexican kitchen with its unique and authentic texture and flavor rooted in the traditional cooking methods from Michoacan. Richly seasoned, slow braised and deep-fried, Carnitas make a flavorful and filling main course, but they are also used as ingredients in many other authentic Mexican dishes like tamales, tacos, tortas and burritos. Carnitas are traditionally served accompanied by cilantro, salsa and refried beans.
- 1 15oz
Del Real Foods® Carnitas
- ½ Cup
Del Real Foods® Fire Roasted Red Salsa
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 TBSP Melted Butter
- ½ Cup Grape Jelly
- Optional: Pickles
- Heat 15 oz Del Real Foods® Carnitas according to package stovetop instructions.
- Add Del Real Foods® Fire Roasted Red Salsa and grape jelly to the pan with the heated carnitas. Mix until well combined. Bring to a simmer
- Cut Hawaiian sweet rolls in half, butter both sides, and toast
- Add carnitas mixture and shredded cheese to the toaste buns. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove out of oven. Add desired toppings, serve, and enjoy!