Our Beef Birria is a Mexican-style beef pot roast slowly cooked in a rich and flavorful tomato stew. It can be served as a stew or to make the popular birria tacos with melted cheese and a side of the rich and flavorful consomé for dipping.
- 1 Package Del Real Foods® Birria
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Diced White Onion ½ Cup (Optional)
- Fresh Cilantro Chopped ¼ Cup (Optional)
- Heat Del Real Foods® Birria according to package instructions. Separate meat from broth.
- Preheat skillet to a medium high heat.
- Dip both sides of tortilla into Birria broth before placing on the skillet. Heat both sides of the tortilla.
- After heating both sides, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on tortilla. Once cheese is mostly melted, add 1 spoon full of Birria meat and spread across half of the tortilla. Add another spoon full of Birria broth for additional juice and flavor.
- Fold tortilla in half and cook until desired texture is achieved, continue adding broth to skillet as needed.
- Garnish with chopped white onion and cilantro if desired. Enjoy with extra Birria broth as a dipping sauce.