KOREAN PULLED PORK LETTUCE WRAPS
Carnitas, a type of slow-cooked pork, are a household staple in the Mexican kitchen with its unique and authentic texture and flavor rooted in the traditional cooking methods from Michoacan.Richly seasoned, slow braised and deep-fried, Carnitas make a flavorful and filling main course, but they are also used as ingredients in many other authentic Mexican dishes like tamales, tacos, tortas and burritos. Carnitas are traditionally served accompanied by cilantro, salsa and refried beans.
- 1-15oz package
Del Real Foods® Carnitas,shredded
- 1 Butter Lettuce
- ½ onion, sliced into thin strips
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- sesame seed, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves: minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger: minced
- ¼ cup Korean red chili paste, gochujang
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a bowl add Del Real Foods® Carnitas along with all ingredients listed for the marinade and put in fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash and prep your lettuce and separate into single pieces.
- In a skillet add 1 tablespoon of oil, sliced onion, and marinated Del Real Foods® Carnitas and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crispy and evenly browned.
- Once cooked assemble your lettuce leaves and stuff with Del Real Foods® Carnitas and top with green onion and sesame seeds.