DEEP FRIED BARBACOA QUESADILLA
Barbacoa, a family tradition. Made with 100% Choice Beef, this Mexican-style beef pot roast is simmered in a hearty tomato and chili sauce giving it that traditional Mexican flavor the whole family can enjoy. Goes perfect with our Arroz and Frijoles Refritos, or add it to burritos, tacos, enchiladas, nachos and salads. Top it with onions and cilantro when you’re looking for a more traditional taste.
- 1 Package
- 1 15oz cup of (optional)
- 1 lb fresh corn masa
- 1/2 lb cheese (Monterry Jack or Oaxaca)
- Frying Oil
- 1/2 lettuce finely chopped
- 1/2 cup queso freso
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Divide masa into evenly sized balls. Press each ball between two pieces of plastic wrap to form a disc or use a tortilla press, if available.
- Add a small spoonful of Del Real Foods® Barbacoa and cheese to the center of the masa (tortilla). Fold in half and press edges with dampened fingertips to seal it. Do this until you have the desired amount of quesadillas.
- In a large deep frying pot/pan, add about 1 inch of oil and heat until it reaches 365 degrees.
- Carefully deep fry quesadillas in batches turning once or twice until masa is fully cooked and golden brown on both sides and gets slightly crispy.
- Place fried quesadillas on a paper towel to absorb excess oil before serving.
- Top with lettuce, queso fresco, sour cream, sliced onion, tomatoes and Del Real Foods® Salsa de Molcajete.
- Serve and Enjoy!