Pupusas were first created by the Pibil tribes of El Salvador thousands of years ago. Following a traditional family recipe, our Pupusas are full of delicious and fresh ingredients. We pack them with a combination of rich flavors, perfect for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 package
- ½ Head Cabbage, shredded
- 2 Carrots, peeled and shredded or you can purchase the shredded bag
- 4 Cups boiling water
- ½ Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Jalapeño or Serrano Chile Pepper, minced
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat the Del Real Foods® Pupusas by following the instructions on the package.
- Place the cabbage in a large heat-proof bowl. Pour the boiling water into the bowl to cover the cabbage; set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, pressing out as much liquid as possible.
- Return the cabbage to the bowl, add carrots, onions, vinegar, oregano and jalapeño and toss all the ingredients.
- Let set at room temperature for a couple of hours. Then chill and serve as an accompaniment to Del Real Foods® Pupusas.