CHICKEN TAMALE STUFFING
- 6 Del Real Foods®
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 4 Cups Crumbled Cornbread (Box Mix or Precooked)
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- ¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Jalapenos, deseeded and diced
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F. Add cooking spray or butter to a 9x13 casserole dish, set aside.
- Prepare cornbread crumble. If using a box mix, bake cornbread according to package instructions and set aside to cool. Once cool, or if using precooked cornbread, cut into pieces before placing bread into a large bowl. Using two forks, crumble cornbread so it is mostly broken up. A few larger chunks are ok.
- In the same large bowl, add your cumin, rubbed sage, chopped cilantro, diced jalapenos, and frozen corn kernels. Mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Microwave Del Real Foods® Chicken in Red Sauce Tamales according to package instructions. Once cooled, unwrap 6 tamales and cut into bite size pieces, set aside.
- In a skillet on medium high heat, melt butter and sauté onions until translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté for last 30 seconds.
- In the same large bowl with cornbread, add sauteed garlic and onions. Mix well before adding the tamales. Gently mix tamales into cornbread crumb mixture. Do not overmix, as you still want to be able to see bite size tamale pieces.
- Scoop mixture into casserole dish and pour chicken broth over the entire mixture. Place a sheet of tin foil over casserrole dish and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Take foil off and cook for an additional 15 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!