CHICKEN POT PIES
Made with 100% chicken breast, our traditional Pollo Deshebrado follows our family recipe. Fully cooked in its own juices and lightly seasoned with a traditional blend of spices. A conve-nient, ready-in-minutes, authentic meal.
- 15oz. package Del Real Foods®
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, add butter, diced onion, and garlic along with frozen vegetables. Cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Del Real Foods® Shredded Chicken, heavy cream, chicken broth and season to taste. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or according to pie crust instructions.
- Cut pie crust in circles, measuring the ramekin dish of your choice, add a bottom layer of crust to your dish, add filling and top with another pie crust. Repeat process with the desired number of pies.
- Season each one with a dash of italian seasoning.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!