CHICHARRON PREPARADO CON CARNITAS
Carnitas, a type of fried pork, are a household staple in the Mexican kitchen with its unique and authentic texture and flavor rooted in the traditional cooking methods from Michoacan.
Richly seasoned, slow braised and deep-fried, Carnitas make a flavorful and filling main course, but they are also used as ingredients in many other authentic Mexican dishes like tamales, tacos, tortas and burritos. Carnitas are traditionally served accompanied by cilantro, salsa and refried beans.
- 1 package
- 6 flour chicharrones, rectangular
- 1 cabbage, chopped
- Pickled onions to taste
- Pico de Gallo to taste
- 3 avocados, sliced
- 1 container crema Mexicana
- 1 jar salsa botanera
- Prepare Del Real Foods® Carnitas according to package instructions.
- While Carnitas are cooking, chop cabbage to desired thickness and slice the avocados
- To build your Chicharron:
- Start by adding a layer of Del Real Foods® Carnitas to your chicharron.
- Next top with cabbage, pico de gallo, pickled red onion, and avocado slices to your desired proportions
- Finally drizzle crema mexicana, salsa botanera, and fresh lime juice to complete this recipe.