CHEESE TAMALE BITES
Tamales are a tradition that usually involves the whole family. Soft masa, perfectly seasoned filling, all made by hand using recipes passed down through generations, then assembled and wrapped in a sustainable wrap before being steamed. And while making tamales by hand can be a long process, all you have to do to enjoy a taste of authentic Mexico is open the package, heat, and eat. Serve our Tamales as an entrée, a side dish or as an appetizer.
- 1-24 ounce pack of
- 1-15 ounce pack of
- Lettuce, Shredded
- Queso Fresco
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Smash up 1 by one Del Real Foods® Cheese & Green Chili Tamales.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Shape the mixture into small balls and place them into the molds.
- Press the dough with your fingers and shape it.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown. While the tamale cupcakes are baking, heat Del Real Foods® Refried Beans according to package instructions.
- Shred Lettuce and queso fresco.
- Once the Cheese Tamale cupcakes are ready, top them with one spoon full of Del Real Foods® Refried Beans.
- Garnish with Lettuce, Queso Fresco and Del Real Foods® Salsa de Molcajete (optional).