CHEESE TAMALE BALLS
Tamales are a tradition that usually involves the whole family. Soft masa, perfectly seasoned filling, all made by hand using recipes passed down through generations, then assembled and wrapped in a sustainable wrap before being steamed.
- 1 24oz package of
- 1 15oz cup of for dipping
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups oil of your choice for frying Queso Fresco (optional)
- Heat Del Real Foods® Cheese & Green Chili Tamales according to package instructions. Remove Tamales from sustainable wrap, mash tamales and shape into bite size balls.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl, add a teaspoon of water until it fluffs.
- In a large shallow bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Dip each tamale bite-sized ball into the egg mixture, letting the excess drain off, and then into the panko mixture. Repeat with remaining tamale balls.
- Heat 2 inches of oil of your choice in a large pot.
- Carefully add in tamale balls in batches to prevent sticking. Set aside to drain any excess oil.
- Serve warm with Del Real Foods® Salsa de Molcajete verde, top with queso fresco.