CARNITAS TACOS DORADOS
Carnitas, a type of slow cooked pork, are a household staple in the Mexican kitchen with its unique and authentic texture and flavor rooted in the traditional cooking methods from Michoacan. Richly seasoned, slow braised and deep-fried, Carnitas make a flavorful and filling main course, but they are also used as ingredients in many other authentic Mexican dishes like tamales, tacos, tortas and burritos. Carnitas are traditionally served accompanied by cilantro, salsa and refried beans.
- 1 Cup
- 8 Tortillas
- 1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce, Shredded
- 1 Diced Tomato
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Oil
- 1/2 Cup Pickled Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Cotija Cheese
- Heat 15 oz Del Real Foods® Carnitas according to package instructions.
- Add oil to a medium frying pan and heat.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for about 1 minute to prevent cracking when building tacos.
- Add about 2 oz. of Carnitas across the center of the warm tortilla and fold in half.
- Place the taco into the hot frying pan and fry until golden brown, making sure to flip.
- Remove fried tacos and place on a paper towel lined plate and let stand for about a minute.
- Garnish tacos with shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, pickled red onion, cotija cheese, and Del Real Foods® Fire Roasted Red Salsa.