CARNITAS BBQ PIZZA RECIPE
Carnitas, a type of slow-cooked pork, are a household staple in the Mexican kitchen with its unique and authentic texture and flavor rooted in the traditional cooking methods from Michoacan. Richly seasoned, slow braised and deep-fried, Carnitas make a flavorful and filling main course, but they are also used as ingredients in many other authentic Mexican dishes like tamales, tacos, tortas and burritos. Carnitas are tradition- ally served accompanied by cilantro, salsa and refried beans.
- 1-15oz package Del Real Foods® Carnitas, shredded
- 2-8oz Pizza crusts
- BBQ sauce, to taste
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Purple Onion, diced
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, diced
- Cilantro, as desired
- Add jalapeño slices for a sweet/spicy creation
- Heat pizza crust per package instructions.
- Evenly coat pizza crust with BBQ sauce, add shredded cheese, del Real Foods Carnitas, onion, bell pepper as desired.
- Bake in oven for 15 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and Enjoy!