Barbacoa, a family tradition. Made with 100% Choice Beef, this Mexican-style beef pot roast is simmered in a hearty tomato and chili sauce giving it that traditional Mexican flavor the whole family can enjoy. Goes perfect with our Arroz and Frijoles Refritos, or add it to burritos, tacos, enchiladas and salads. Top it with onions and cilantro when you’re looking for a more traditional taste
- 1 cup , shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- Sauce from Barbacoa
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes in tomato sauce
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1-2 tbsp onion, finely minced
- 4 tbsp queso fresco, crumbled
- 2 tsp cilantro, finely minced
- Heat barbacoa according to package direction.
- Measure out 1 cup of the beef and shred. (Save remaining meat for another use.)
- Drain sauce from package into a medium pot.
- Add 1 cup crushed tomatoes in tomato sauce and 2-3 tbsp tomato paste. Mix thoroughly until the tomato paste dissolves.
- Add onion, garlic and crushed red pepper. Mix and simmer over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lay out 12 wonton wrappers on a sheet of parchment or wax paper and add 1 tsp of Del Real Foods® Barbacoa in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Top with a small pinch of shredded mozzarella.
- Using a small pastry brush or your finger, dip in water and lightly moisten the edges of each square, one at a time. Place another wonton wrapper on top and press the edges together. You can also use a fork to press the edges for a more decorative look (optional).
- Repeat until all 12 raviolis are sealed. Gently, place raviolis in the boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully drain and remove from pot.
- Serve 3 per person and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Add crumbled queso fresco and minced cilantro over the sauce. Enjoy!