BARBACOA BAKED POTATO SKINS
Barbacoa, a family tradition. Made with 100% Choice Beef, this Mexican-style beef pot roast is simmered in a hearty tomato and chili sauce giving it that traditional Mexican flavor the whole family can enjoy. Goes perfect with our Arroz and Frijoles Refritos, or add it to burritos, tacos, enchiladas and salads. Top it with onions and cilantro when you’re looking for a more traditional taste.
- 1 15 oz Package
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 ½ Cup Mexican Shredded Cheese
- ½ Cup Scallions
- ½ Cup Bacon Bits
- Canola Oil
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Wash potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Once oven is to temperature, bake potatoes for 1 hour.
- Take potatoes out of oven and wait until cool, about 10-15 minutes. Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise, and scoop insides into a separate bowl. Make sure to leave about a quarter inch of potato left.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Coat the inside and outside of potato with Canola Oil. Place potato skins back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl with the insides of the potato, add ½ cup heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Begin mashing with a mixer or fork until desired mash potato consistency is achieved.
- Heat Del Real Foods® Barbacoa according to package instructions.
- Take potato skins out of the oven and fill with a scoop of mash potato, barbacoa, and top with Mexican shredded cheese. For more flavor, pour extra barbacoa broth inside potato so it can soak into the mash potato. Place in oven for an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Top with chopped scallions and bacon bits. Enjoy!