Jul 31 , 2020
Spring has finally arrived, bringing longer days, warmer weather, and more activity packed into each day. At Del Real Foods, we believe a busy schedule is no reason to miss out on a delicious dinner. Rice bowls are popular one-dish meals that are full of flavor and a great option for people on the go. They’re easy to prepare, require only a handful of ingredients, and with a little imagination, the possibilities are endless.
B.L.T.A. Rice Bowls
Need a quick but satisfying one-dish meal? With Del Real Foods Arroz con Vegetables, you’re just minutes away from a delicious, filling B.L.T.A Rice Bowl with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and creamy avocado sauce! Search for your favorite Del Real Foods products here: https://delrealfoods.com/pages/where-to-buy
B.L.T.A. Rice Bowls
Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato Rice Bowls made with fluffy, seasoned Del Real Foods Arroz con Vegetales tossed in a creamy avocado sauce and topped with all the savory, crunchy bits. Yes, please
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Cuisine: Mexican
- ½ lb. bacon
- 4 cups Del Real Foods Arroz con Vegetales
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes and rough-chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 limes, juiced
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Halve cherry tomatoes and roughly chop or slice lettuce. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, water and salt. Blend on high until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high.
- Add bacon at once or in rounds. Cook until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- While bacon is cooking, warm Arroz in microwave according to package instructions. Slice cooled bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Fill large mixing bowl with warm Arroz, pour in avocado sauce, and mix until fully combined.
- Distribute into bowls, and top with chopped lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Enjoy!
For this tasty spin on the classic BLT, combine our rice with vegetables with chopped bacon, crispy Romaine lettuce, sweet cherry tomatoes, and ripe avocado. Add a sprinkle of chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream for over the top flavor.