Jul 31 , 2020
Christmas time is upon us. It is the season to be merry and jolly, sharing tons of joy, warmth, laughter and quality conversations with loved ones. A wholesome dinner will complete your delightful celebrations. At Del Real Foods, we have come up with a selection of original recipes to add flavor to spice up your memorable gatherings. These dishes are savory and easy to prepare; you are bound to impress your guests at the dining table, to keep them asking for second helpings!
First up, we will be introducing a recipe that features the signature Del Real Foods® Al Pastor, which carries an authentic taste of Mexican cuisine. The tender pork slices are marinated and positively oozing with flavor, enhanced with pepper and spices that will pack a punch to your pasta and keep your belly warm during the chilly season.
Pineapple Al Pastor Pasta
- 1 Package Del Real Foods® Al Pastor
- 1 lb. Rigatoni or Penne Pasta, cooked according to directions on package
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp. dry basil
- 2 oz. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 small Pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 oz. Cilantro, chopped
Get the full recipe at: https://delrealfoods.com/blogs/recipes/pineapple-al-pastor-pasta
Bring the festive spirit to your Christmas dinners with this next dish! Casserole dishes are the epitome of home-cooked food. For this recipe, we will be going the extra mile by adding Del Real Foods® Shredded Chicken, which are made with our unique home recipe using quality chicken breasts marinated in its own juices and seasoned with a blend of spices.
- 1 32oz package Del Real Foods® Shredded Chicken
- 12 Corn Tortillas, cut into sixths and fried or baked to make chips.
- 28oz can whole tomatoes in juice, drained
- 2 Canned chipotle chiles en adobo
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 ½ cups of chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
- Salt if needed
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream thinned with a little milk
- ¼ cup grated Mexican dry cheese (añejo) or you can use Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
Get the full recipe at: https://delrealfoods.com/blogs/recipes/tortilla-casserole
Kick-start your dinner festivities with this feisty entree with an authentic Mexican taste! The Tortilla bake is a mildly-spiced pastry, so most guests would be able to enjoy it. The recipe features Del Real Foods® Pork Chile Verde, made from meat simmered in tomatillo and chili pepper sauce for that palatable dash of spice.
One-Pan Chile Tortilla Bake
- 1 package Del Real Pork Chile Verde
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Salt if needed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 18 corn tortillas
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Get the full recipe at: https://delrealfoods.com/blogs/recipes/one-pan-chile-tortilla-bake