Shredded Beef Crepes
Prepared with 100% Choice Beef, our Carne Deshebrada is seasoned with a traditional blend of spices; tasty and cooked to perfection following our family recipe. This convenient, ready-in-minutes meal, can be a great addition to any dish and occasion with your friends and family.
- 1 cup Del Real Foods® Shredded Beef
- 1/4 cup Del Real Foods® Salsa de Molcajete Verde
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheedar cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 sour cream, with squeeze of half a lime
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 avocado slices
For pepper sauce
- 3 piquillo peppers from jar
- 1/2 cup canned crushed or diced tomato Salt to taste
Bring vinegar to a boil, dissolve salt and sugar, pour over onion in a bowl and set aside. Whisk together all crepe ingredients and set aside, move on to Del Real Foods® Shredded Beef. In medium hot skillet, sauté bell pepper and onion until softened. Add Del Real Foods® Shredded Beef and Del Real Foods® Salsa de Molcajete Verde, stir together, and set to low heat. Puree or blend piquillo peppers and tomato until smooth, season with salt to taste. In medium low skillet, rub pan with butter and pour 1/4 cup of batter, rolling pan around until it covers entire bottom. Let cook 1 minute, flop over, let cook one more minute. Remove crepe to paper towel and cook remaining batter.
Assemble: Add portion of beef to middle of crepe, top with half the cheese, roll crepe up over itself. Add dollop of piquillo puree to center of plate, place rolled crepe in middle. Top with avocado slices, pickled onion, cilantro sprig. Drizzle sour cream mixture over top and enjoy.