PEPPERS STUFFED WITH CARNITAS, RICE AND BEANS
Carnitas, a type of slow-cooked pork, are a household staple in the Mexican kitchen with its unique and authentic texture and flavor rooted in the traditional cooking methods from Michoacan. Richly seasoned, slow braised and deep-fried, Carnitas make a flavorful and filling main course, but they are also used as ingredients in many other authentic Mexican dishes like tamales, tacos, tortas and burritos. Carnitas are traditionally served accompanied by cilantro, salsa and refried beans.
- 1 pack Del Real Foods® Slow-Cooked Pork Carnitas
- 1 pack Del Real Foods® Rice and Refried Beans (Arrozy Frijoles)
- 15oz container Del Real Foods® Fire Roasted Red Salsa
- 6 Large Bell Peppers
- 1⁄2 cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 350°F
- Dice Bell peppers from the top creating an opening to stuff and carve any veins inside leaving the pepper hallow inside. Place on an oven resistant dish. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place Carnitas on skillet and cook until slightly crispy, about 4 minutes
- In a large bowl, place Carnitas, 1-pouch rice and 1-pouch refried beans, 1 whole container of Fire Roasted Red Salsa.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- With the mixture, stuff the Bell Peppers.
- Add 3⁄4 cup water to the base of the oven resistant dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top stuffed peppers with cheese.
- Place back in the oven and bake (uncovered), until cheese is melted and slightly crispy. About 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the peppers rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!