One-Pan Chile Tortilla Bake
The delicious flavor and texture of our slow-cooked pork takes on a new level of enjoyment in this authentic Mexican dish. We simmer the meat in a zesty tomatillo and chili pepper sauce that is prepared using traditional fresh ingredients. If you are drawn to filling entrées with a mild kick of spice, our authentic Chile Verde is a great way to do so. Passed down through generations, this recipe is perfect as an entrée or as a complement to an unlimited range of dishes.
- 1 32oz package Del Real Foods® Shredded Chicken
- 12 Corn Tortillas, cut into sixths and fried or baked to make chips.
- 28oz can whole tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1 package Del Real Pork Chile Verde
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Salt if needed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 18 corn tortillas
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Diced Cherry Tomatoes
- Minced Cilantro
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Jalapeño
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add cumin, oregano, and salt. Let spices sizzle for a minute, then add Del Real Pork Chile Verde.
- Cook for 5–7 minutes with a lid on, stirring occasionally. Remove lid and add corn. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated. Stir in beans and remove from heat.
- Spray a 9×13-inch glass casserole dish with cooking spray. Layer 6 tortillas in the dish. Spread some of the pork evenly on top and drizzle with enchilada sauce. Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top. Repeat twice more with the rest of the tortillas, pork, enchilada sauce, and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with garnishes and serve!!!!