Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup
Our traditional Chipotle Chicken Tinga family recipe is made with light and dark shredded chicken meat, simmered in a rich and zesty tomato and chipotle sauce until infused with a delicious smoky and spicy flavor. This heat-and-serve dish meat makes preparing a family meal both easy and convenient.
- 15oz. Del Real Foods® Chipotle Chicken Tinga
- 16oz. Chicken stock
- 5-6 medium-sized corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, separated
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 fresh limes, sliced
- About 1/4 cup cotija cheese (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper
QUESO FRESCO FOAM
- 1/2 cup Del Real Foods® Salsa de Molcajete Verde
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of black bean sauce (found in a jar in the Asian foods section)
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of oil into a medium saucepan and bring to medium high heat.
- Cut the tortillas in half, then slice into multiple strips.
- Place one of the tortillas (in strips) into the hot oil, and fry for about 3-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Turn off the heat. Remove from the oil, place on a paper towel to drain, season with salt and pepper, and set aside. (keep the other, unfried tortilla strips.)
- Dice the onion and place into the hot oil (you may need to add a little more oil) and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the corn and tomatoes with chiles, plus a little salt and pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add Del Real Foods® Chipotle Chicken Tinga (you may want to shred or chop it up a little) and the chicken stock, and bring to high heat – not quite boiling.
- Add the remaining, unfried strips of tortilla. Add salt and pepper, then squeeze the juice of the limes into the pot and turn off the heat.
- Take a taste and make add more salt or pepper if needed. Garnish the individual soup bowls with chopped cilantro, cotija cheese, slices of avocado, and the crispy tortilla strips. Serve immediately.