Three Bean Barbacoa Chili
Barbacoa, a family tradition. Made with 100% Choice Beef, this Mexican-style beef pot roast is simmered in a hearty tomato and chili sauce giving it that traditional Mexican flavor the whole family can enjoy. Goes perfect with our Arroz and Frijoles Refritos, or add it to burritos, tacos, enchiladas and salads. Top it with onions and cilantro when you’re looking for a more traditional taste.
- 1lb. Del Real Foods® Barbacoa
- 2- 15oz. Cans Three Bean Blend, drained and rinsed (pinto, black and kidney beans)
- 1- 15oz. Can of Southwest Corn or MexiCorn with liquid
- 1- 10oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilis with liquid
- 2 Medium Sized Carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 Large Zuchini, cut into small pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 Bell Pepper, any color, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Medium Onion, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the Del Real Foods® Barbacoa in the micro-wave according to package directions. Shred the heated meat, taking care not to leave large chunks. Set aside.
- Add onions and carrots to a large pot with the olive oil and allow to cook over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained and rinsed beans to the pot and mix with carrots and onions.
- Add the shredded Barbacoa and the juices to the pot and mix to combine with the beans.
- Add the corn (with liquid), tomato paste, cumin and chili powder to the pot and mix everything together. Allow to simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and zucchini and mix to combine everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer over medium heat for an additional 10 minutes. Top with sour cream, cheese and diced onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy!