Tamales de Pollo en Salsa Verde
Chicken in Green Sauce Tamales
Following a traditional family recipe, our Chicken in Green Sauce Tamales are prepared with the most authentic ingredients. Wrapped in cornhusks to preserve the delicious flavor and texture of our soft and moist masa. The filling is made with chicken leg meat and richly seasoned in an authentic green sauce. This convenient, ready-in-minutes dish can be served as an entrée or as a side dish.
MASA :[Whole Cooked Corn (Corn treated with lime water), Lard, Rice flour, Salt.] FILLING: [Chicken Leg meat, Tomatillo, Fire Roasted Poblano peppers, Water, Ground White Corn Masa Flour (Trace of Lime), Salt, Garlic powder. chipotle peppers, tomato paste, canola oil, cane sugar, salt, modified corn starch, distilled vinegar and spices), green onions, onion, salt, cilantro, granulated garlic).
- Serving per container:About 6
- Serving Size:1 Tamale 4oz (113g)
- .% Daily Value*
- Total Fat 14g18%
- Saturated Fat 5g25%
- Trans Fat 0g--
- Cholesterol 35mg12%
- Sodium 400mg17%
- Total Carbohydrate 15g5%
- Dietary Fiber 2g7%
- Total Sugars 1g--
- Includes 0g Added Sugars0%
- Protein 10g--
- Vitamin D 0mcg0%
- Calcium 80mg6%
- Iron 1mg6%
- Potassium 161mg4%
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Calories per gram:
- Fat 9
- Carbohydrate 4
- Protein 4
- Wrap each tamale in a damp paper towel and place in a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave for 1 minute to 1:15 seconds until hot. If tamale is frozen, microwave 1 additional minute. Remove from microwave and let stand 1 minute.
- Remove tamale from cornhusk and enjoy.
Note: Microwave ovens vary in rates of heating. Times given are approximate.
- Place tamale in steamer basket over boiling water. Steam 8-10 minutes. If tamale is frozen, steam for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from steam basket and let stand 1-2 minutes.
- Remove tamale from corn husk and enjoy.