Cheese & Bell Pepper Pupusa
Pupusas were first created by the Pibil tribes of El Salvador thousands of years ago. Following a traditional family recipe, our Pupusas are full of delicious and fresh ingredients. We pack them with a combination of cheese and mild green chilies to create a mildly spicy, rich flavor, perfect for everyone to enjoy. Top it with curtido, freshly made salsa or stuff with Del Real Foods’ Carnitas, Barbacoa or Frijoles Refritos.
MASA :Whole Cooked Corn, Canola oil, Cultured dextrose, Salt. Trace of Lime. FILLING: Mozzarella cheese, pasteurized part skim milk, cheese culture, salt, enzyme), Water, Monterey Jack cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes), Green bell pepper, Potato starch.
- Serving per container:About 5
- Serving Size:1 Pupusa 5.3oz (150g)
- .% Daily Value*
- Total Fat 12g15%
- Saturated Fat 5g25%
- Trans Fat 0g--
- Cholesterol 25mg8%
- Sodium 500mg22%
- Total Carbohydrate 32g12%
- Dietary Fiber 3g11%
- Total Sugars 1g--
- Includes 0g Added Sugars0%
- Protein 13g--
- Vitamin D 0mcg0%
- Calcium 269mg20%
- Iron 1mg6%
- Potassium 179mg4%
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Calories per gram:
- Fat 9
- Carbohydrate 4
- Protein 4
- Wrap each Pupusa in a damp paper towel and place in a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave for 1:15-1:30 minutes or until hot.
- Let sit for about 1 minute. Enjoy.
Note: Microwave ovens vary in rates of heating. Times given are approximate.
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place Pupusa on pan and heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until inside is hot.
- Let it sit for about 1 minute. Enjoy.